Wow, time is flying by. I can’t believe Christmas is right around the corner. Oh wait, maybe I should say “holidays”, since Christmas may be offensive and threatening to some poor thin-skinned babies who can’t tolerate differing viewpoints — wah wah wah. Tangent, I apologize, won’t happen again.
You, out there, with the chip on your shoulder about this “religion” thing, yeah; chill out. You do realize that “holiday” is just another word for “holy day”, so you’re not making this any easier on yourself, really. Drink some milk, maybe use some lotion to help toughen yourself up.
The closer Christmas gets I have an ever haunting remembrance of last years Christmas that wasn’t — unless hugging porcelain throughout the entire night, wishing for death counts a good Christmas. So, hopefully no flu to clog up the celebrations this year. So what\’s up!? Let’s see here,
- Work is busy — although things have calmed down this week.
- The kids have a cold and cough. Not unusual, just makes for whiny times.
- Thanksgiving was great. Dad brought 13 bottles of red wine – 6 or so that we drank while he was here.
- The Chiefs suck.
- Go Jayhawks.
- I’m leading a new service on Saturday evenings at CHPC — lots of controversy surrounding this, and several meetings where I was more honest than people have probably been in decades at this church.
- The bathroom is complete and beautiful.
- Our van’s automatic door is broken. Again. For the 5th time since owning it.
- Once things are positive, something will come to try and destabilize jobs
- Worship is a great thing and I never envisioned that I would the passion in bringing about change in a church.
- God Bless Baileys
- Jason is a good friend. I’m glad he’s my neighbor.
- Drew is a busy busy boy (it takes a lot of time to be Satan)
- One Time Blind should never have to struggle to survive. Help them out – now!
- My wife is beautiful, funny, silly, serious, brilliant and imperfect — and I love her.
Ok, that’s the synopsis. More will be coming, sorry for the delay. Back to your regularly scheduled life.