Synposis and analysis time. What we have learned:
- Locke was obsessed with the man that took his kidney (could this be the way Locke was paralyzed? perhaps the man got so annoyed that he caused an “accident” with Locke?)
- Locke was in anger management. Met a woman named Helen.
- Jack is very angry about “faith”.
- Desmond was suckered into staying in the containment unit and inputing the number (4 8 15 16 23 42) pressing the button (execute) – told to him by one of his shipmates (?), Kelvin.
- Dharma is “secret” project developed in the 70s, founded by Alvar Hanso (which has to be a word jumble) and his foundation, Hanso Foundation
- Hurley wants the food
- The “others” can\’t be the “others” – they are the survivors of the tail section, who think that Sawyer, Jin and Michael are the others (perhaps Roussaeu is pitting the survivors against each other)?
What we don’t know:
- Why is Jin speaking English!?
- Why are the tail section survivors so much more ragged looking in comparison to the other survivors?
- Why would Jack order the food to be kept secret?
- What happened to Jack and Sarah\’s marriage? (since it didn’t involve Desmond, or so we think)
- What happens to Helen and Locke?
- What sort of grand experiment is this island, by the hands of the Hanso Foundation and what would or could happens if “execute” is not pressed (did’’t Walt say something to the effect, backwards in episode 1, that pressing the button was bad?)
- How many more stations are there (since its insinuated that that area is not the only station)
- Are there really any “others”?
- Again, what is the “creature” that grabbed Locke?
- How did the plane crash?
- Where does Desmond think he’s going to run to?
- The whispers? What are the whispers? If you’ve ever been to a science museum they usually have these 2 disk like things on a wall, a person stands at each, and you can converse and hear each other clearly. There is also a spot in the room – usually in the middle – where you can hear the conversation — perhaps something like that is happening?
Theories abound, but the Hanso Foundation discovery certainly opens the door of possibility that the island is an experiment in utopia (gone bad — thus the “fail safe” mentioned in the film). If you inspect the “website” for Hanso you’ll see their other projects: The Hanso Life-Extension Project
The Hanso Foundation Electromagnetic Research Initiative
The Hanso Quest for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence
The Hanso Mathematical Forecasting Initiative
The Hanso Cryogenics Development Imperative
The Hanso Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute
The Hanso Accelerated Remote Viewing Training Facility
Alien, super-human dead ancestors with extraordinary strength? There must be people who are apart of these projects that we have seen (the guy with the huge, fake beard that they showed has to be someone). I love it. My brain is entertained. Just call me fan-boy.