I can’t think of anything else to describe the fact that I have so much to do and am overwhelmed by preparing our family and our house for flying tomorrow, that I am almost paralyzed — so I call it brain freeze. If I just get up and begin ONE activity then it will get the ball rolling, right? And before I know it I will not have sat down or stopped once until I fall into bed tonight; that’s usually how it works, which is why I hesitate to begin my crazy day.
Since we have been working on Abigail’s anxiety about flying tomorrow, allowing her 10 minute sessions to list off all the things she’s worried about, in hopes that she will not have an enormous amount of pent up anxiety and find herself on the verge of exploding (or imploding, perhaps it would be good for me to list off mine and then get my but in gear and start packing!!!
- I’m afraid I’ll have to check my baggage, which would lead to my fear that the airline will lose my luggage
- I’m afraid I will forget something important
- I’m afraid that even though we’ve been preparing Abigail for the flight tomorrow by listening to her worries and addressing some of them, that she will have a major meltdown from fear and we’ll be asked to exit the plane.
- I’m afraid we’ll miss our flight.
- I’m afraid that our carry on luggage won’t fit once we’ve gotten on the plane and then we’ll have to check it at the last minute.
- I’m afraid I won’t pack efficiently
- I’m afraid I’m going to have so much spinning in my head that I’m not going to get done some of the things that need to get done today, before we go, like paying bills.
Alright, I can’t take it anymore; time to go get dressed and start packing. I HATE packing.
Here i go…